We made it through 2020. Whew! After a year of masks, social distancing and unrest, and economic uncertainty (to name just a few unpleasantries), we each deserve a few small holiday treasures to make us smile this season.
Here at Wilson Associates, we rounded up some of our favorite locally-produced gift ideas from our team of Greenville realtors to help with your holiday shopping. Downtown Greenville and the surrounding area boast some of the best artisans, innovators and merchants in Upstate South Carolina. And shopping local in Greenville is a wonderful way to support small businesses this holiday season.
Looking for that perfect, locally-produced holiday gift? Read on to make your gift list–and be sure to check it twice!
GIFTS TO GET YOU OUT OF SWEATPANTS
2020 has been the year of sweatpants and loungewear. Let’s make 2021 a bit more fashionable.
- Jewelry is a meaningful way to celebrate a special memory or loved one. Discover custom, luxury jewelry you’ll cherish for years to come at Llyn Strong. Using the finest gemstones and metals available, their collection of rings, earrings, necklaces and more is sure to stun. Plus, they proudly feature one-of-a-kind art pieces that support independent artists!
- “Owned by Jennifer Nelson, Crescent & Main is a locally-owned business that carries stylish women’s clothing and accessories. They go above and beyond to accommodate their client’s busy lives by doing home deliveries, fashion consultation, and personalized shopping appointments.” ~ Kathryn Curtis, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
- Looking for fun accessories, handcrafted bags, fabrics, baby gifts, “hosh posh” and home decor? Try Samantha Grace Designs. This funky boutique designs and manufactures a variety of home decor, fashion and gifts through fun textiles and quality materials.
- “Southern Girl Chic, a luxury women’s boutique for various ages and price points, features casual, dressy, or in between! My favorite thing about them are the owners and their assistance helping you find what actually works for your body–you feel great!” ~ Jennifer Wills, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
- Discover the Southern Fried way of life with Southern Fried Cotton, a homegrown apparel company with locations in downtown Greenville and across the Upstate. This clothing company “combines a pinch of country and a dash of country club” to provide the most comfy cotton around.
GIFTS THAT SUPPORT & INSPIRE
Support the enormous talent of local Greenville artists and find artisanal gifts for everyone on your list.
- “I love the local artist, Brooke Ashley. She is currently offering ornaments, originals, prints and commissions! I have a few of her prints framed and I adore them.” ~ Cada Paulson, Director of Brokerage Operations, Greenville, SC
- Stroll along Greenville’s Reedy River to experience art in action at The Art Crossing Galleries, nestled in the lower level of Riverplace. Discover more than a dozen respected, local and award-winning artists at work in their gallery or studio creating paintings, photography, watercolor, illustrations, poetry, and more. And if you want a custom piece of artwork, just ask! They may be able to create it for you just in time for the holidays.
- “I really enjoy shopping at Urban Digs. They have very unique Christmas items, and gifts in general–house plants, local art, home decor, vintage pieces and children’s items. They have the best plants! The owner, Amy Walcher, does a great job of featuring locally-made art and products.” ~ Angela Rodriguez, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
- For many of us, 2020 helped us get in touch with our inner nature lover. Treat the outdoor aficionado in your life (or yourself) to rare and beautiful natural wonders from Cornerstone Minerals. With 5 locations across the Southeast, their wide variety of fine crystals, minerals, and fossils, as well as luxury decor and jewelry, is sure to please every environmentalist.
- “Jessica Reynolds, local artist and owner of Color Happens, makes awesome tea towels, painted Christmas trees ornaments, and mini paintings that offer a beautiful pop of color to any table, bookshelf or Christmas tree!” ~ Julia Cunningham, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
GIFTS TO SAVOR & DELIGHT
2020 was stressful, to say the least. Here are a few indulgences to help you relax and unwind.
- Unwind and de-stress with the unbelievable scents of locally-made soy candles from Greenville Soy Candle Company. This small company has been crafting candles for over a decade (previously known as Magnolia Scents), and sells the “world’s best smelling” artisanal soy candles, soaps and body products.
- “Need a perfect gift? Try The New York Butcher Shoppe! All you need is a bottle of wine and a gift card to give your friends or family a delicious date night in! They just moved locations, and are bigger and better than ever, with a wonderful selection of gifts, pre-made meals, sides and more.” ~ Larkin Dalpiaz, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
- Everyone deserves some pampering. And after enduring 2020, we could all use a little relaxation. Treat yourself to a spa day with a gift card or appointment at Drift Float & Spa. This spa features light and massage therapy, infrared saunas, and an oxygen bar–plus, the healing wonders of floating, immersion therapy, which may reduce chronic pain, insomnia, and anxiety; improve exercise recovery, awaken creativity, and boost meditation!
- “I highly recommend Palmetto Olive Oil Company. Their Black Truffle Sea Salt is life changing, and adds such amazing flavor to so many different dishes! Love it and so easy to gift!” ~ Julia Cunningham, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
- The holidays aren’t complete without something sweet. (Isn’t that how the saying goes?) To satisfy the sweet tooth in your life, head over to Poppingtons in downtown Greenville. Featuring delicious, handcrafted gourmet popcorn, sweets and more, this small shop has it all. Truly, they have treats that everyone can savor: they offer nut-free production, non-GMO corn, and trans-fat free ingredients–plus, gluten-free, sugar free and vegan options!
– – – – – –
The holidays hold a special meaning this year: a time to be grateful for all we have, honor traditions and celebrate the small joys of the season. From our team at Wilson Associates:
We hope you and your loved ones enjoy a warm holiday filled with small joys and peace. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a bright new year!