We each deserve a few small holiday treasures to make us smile this season!
Here at Wilson Associates, we rounded up some of our favorite locally-produced gift ideas from our team of Greenville realtors to help with your holiday shopping. Downtown Greenville and the surrounding area boast some of the best artisans, innovators and merchants in Upstate South Carolina. And shopping local in Greenville is a wonderful way to support small businesses this holiday season.
Looking for that perfect, locally-produced holiday gift? Read on to make your gift list–and be sure to check it twice!
GIFTS FOR THE HOME
“Cottage Grove Gift and Home is fantastic for tackling your list. They have EVERYTHING for everyone! Everyone is so sweet and fun and always eager to help put a gift together. They will wrap anything up and it’s all reasonably priced! Can’t say enough good things!” ~ Mary Michael Newman, Marketing Assistant
“For shopping on the Eastside of Greenville I highly recommend Emily Austin. Emily Austin is my Go-To for all my client and friend gifts. Located on the Eastside of Greenville, they carry fabulous home decor & gifts. I highly recommend!” ~ Kathryn Curtis, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
- An Urban Gardener’s Oasis: “Roots on Augusta has gorgeous plants and planters. They can make a simple bouquet look very special!” ~Susie White, Realtor Associate
- Unwind and de-stress with the unbelievable scents of locally-made soy candles from Greenville Soy Candle Company. This small company has been crafting candles for over a decade (previously known as Magnolia Scents), and sells the “world’s best smelling” artisanal soy candles, soaps and body products.
GIFTS THAT SUPPORT & INSPIRE
Support the enormous talent of local Greenville artists and find artisanal gifts for everyone on your list.
- “I love the local artist, Brooke Ashley. She is currently offering ornaments, originals, prints and commissions! I have a few of her prints framed and I adore them.” ~ Cada Paulson, Director of Brokerage Operations, Greenville, SC
- Stroll along Greenville’s Reedy River to experience art in action at The Art Crossing Galleries, nestled in the lower level of Riverplace. Discover more than a dozen respected, local and award-winning artists at work in their gallery or studio creating paintings, photography, watercolor, illustrations, poetry, and more. And if you want a custom piece of artwork, just ask! They may be able to create it for you just in time for the holidays.
- “Jessica Reynolds, local artist and owner of Color Happens, makes awesome tea towels, painted Christmas trees ornaments, and mini paintings that offer a beautiful pop of color to any table, bookshelf or Christmas tree!” ~ Julia Cunningham, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
GIFTS FOR THE LITTLE ONES
Here are a few options to please the youngest on your list.
“Hollipops in Five Forks; They wrap gifts for FREE! It’s not your average toy store – they have tons of fun gifts that are not only fun, but active and engaging. The staff is helpful and can match the perfect gift or toy for every age.” ~ Ashley Steigerwald, Realtor Associate
Vann and Liv is a local children’s boutique, carrying an assortment of lines – including Tea Collection, Pink Chicken, Rylee and Cru, Kickee Pants, and Beaufort Bonnet – designed for babies, toddlers, kids, and tweens. From the casual classic to the vintage-inspired piece, our picks will leave your little one smiling from ear to ear!
GIFTS FOR THE FASHIONISTA
Looking for something unique & stylish? Here are our staff picks.
“January Jewelry creates sophisticated indie jewelry that embodies feminine and modern simplicity. She is SO talented!” ~ Alison Schubert, Realtor Associate
On a mission to love, strengthen and celebrate women through fashion: “I love the fashionable choices at Mainstream Boutique, as well as the new gift shop by the same owner, The Scarlett Tassel. Located next to The Fresh Market on Laurens Road!” ~ Ashley Bickerstaff, VP of Business Development
For women’s clothing and accessories, we love Monkees of the Westend. The offer complimentary gift wrapping and Christmas delivery! For all the gifts you’d want to give (and get), Monkees is our favorite!
GIFTS TO SAVOR & DELIGHT
Here are a few indulgences for your inner foodie.
“Good to Go in Greenville is a fantastic option for prepared meals and appetizers. They are fabulous and awesome to Wilson Associates!” – Linda O’Brien, Broker Associate
“LOVE Good to Go! Have gotten several friends dinners from there recently! Bloom and Board is another great option. They make such an easy gift to take for a hostess or a client. “ – Julia Cunningham, Realtor Associate
“Revival Butchery is awesome. They are a custom butchery offering rotating selections of artisan meats, made-in-house sausages and more. Great for gifting!” ~ Nick Carlson, VP/Broker Associate
“A bottle of bubbly or a favorite wine helps add to the merriment of the holidays! Northampton Wines has a terrific selection and knowledgeable staff to guide you. For the cook, Cook’s Station has all kinds of things to entice and inspire.” ~ Susie White, Realtor Associate
“An easy go-to gift that anyone on your list will love – chocolates from the best local bakery, Strossner’s! My favorites are the white chocolate turtles & peanut butter balls.” ~ Tessa Richey, Director of Marketing
“Need a perfect gift? Try The New York Butcher Shoppe! All you need is a bottle of wine and a gift card to give your friends or family a delicious date night in! They just moved locations, and are bigger and better than ever, with a wonderful selection of gifts, pre-made meals, sides and more.” ~ Larkin Dalpiaz, Realtor Associate, Greenville, SC
- The holidays aren’t complete without something sweet. (Isn’t that how the saying goes?) To satisfy the sweet tooth in your life, head over to Poppingtons in downtown Greenville. Featuring delicious, handcrafted gourmet popcorn, sweets and more, this small shop has it all. Truly, they have treats that everyone can savor: they offer nut-free production, non-GMO corn, and trans-fat free ingredients–plus, gluten-free, sugar free and vegan options!
GIFTS FOR SELF CARE
Here are a few gifts to relax and unwind.
Everyone deserves some pampering – we could all use a little relaxation. Treat yourself to a spa day with a gift card or appointment at Drift Float & Spa. This spa features light and massage therapy, infrared saunas, and an oxygen bar–plus, the healing wonders of floating, immersion therapy, which may reduce chronic pain, insomnia, and anxiety; improve exercise recovery, awaken creativity, and boost meditation!
“For concierge skin care, I recommend Afterglow Aesthetics! They are advanced practice providers who strive to meet your beauty and wellness needs. They are dedicated to providing care at the highest level with ease in the comfort of your own home.” ~ Chelsea Ware, Realtor Associate
– – – – – –
The holidays hold a special meaning this year: a time to be grateful for all we have, honor traditions and celebrate the small joys of the season. From our team at Wilson Associates:
We hope you and your loved ones enjoy a warm holiday filled with small joys and peace. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a bright new year!